I would like to sell Soft Skull books in my store/at an event. How can I buy them?
Our books are distributed by Penguin Random House. For orders, please contact your Penguin Random House sales representative, or contact their customer service team at email@example.com.
I want to buy one of your books!
Great! We urge you to go to your local, independent bookstore and pick up a copy. Our books are also available online through Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
How can I get a desk/exam copy?
Who do I contact about author appearances, interviews, etc?
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any such requests. Please include in the subject line the name of the author and title of the book you are interested in.
How can I request a review copy?
Please e-mail email@example.com to request a copy of a book for review. Please include in the subject “review copy request.”
How do I submit my manuscript?
We are currently closed to submissions.
Can I stop by and drop off a submission?
Do you accept submissions over e-mail or online submissions?
I would like to use material published by Soft Skull. How can I request permission?
If you are interested in reprinting part of a Catapult, Counterpoint, or Soft Skull book, please send the following information by mail, fax, or email to Fred Courtright of The Permissions Company (contact information below). Please apply for permission as far in advance as possible. We receive many requests and need adequate time to process them. Please do not send your request more than once.
For all requests
• Author, book title, and title of poem, story, or essay (or page numbers) you wish to use
• Your email address, fax number, or mailing address
For reprint in a book
• Details of how you’re using the requested material within your own work
• Title of your book
• Estimated price and page length of your book
• Format (hardcover, paperback)
• Estimated print run
• Territory requested (United States, North America, or world)
• Your publisher
For reprint in a magazine, newspaper, newsletter, or journal
• Title of your publication
• Estimated circulation
• Your publisher
For reprint on a website
• Website address
• Length of time you wish to have the work posted
For a musical setting
• Details about plans for publishing, recording, or performing the work
For any other use, please send a query.
I am interested in purchasing foreign/translation rights for a Soft Skull title.
Please send a query via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.